Gedong Songo is one of the oldest temple in Central Java and it’s even older than the temple of Borobudur. Albeit the temple is not as big as Borobudur but the view from the temple is fantastic because the temple is located 1,200 meters (4,000 feet) above sea level. You could see the various mountain ranges surrounding the temple and also a lake when the sky is clear. Afterward, we will have a lunch at the local restaurant nearby to try the traditional food such as grilled ribs, gurameh fish, and also nasi goreng. If we still have enough time left after the lunch, we would invite you to have a walking tour in the Old Town or Chinatown for free!
The journey will last approximately 6 - 8 hours.
- Pick you up at the harbor in the morning
- Continue our journey to the Gedong Songo temple directly. The journey will take about one a half hours.
- Explore the magnificent Gedong Songo with the most fresh air in the world
- Having lunch at local restaurant with traditional architecture
- Enjoying the free time in Semarang by hanging out at the local bar or doing the walking tour in the old town or chinatown
- Return to the harbor and wave ourselves goodbye 🙁